LZU has always committed to the basic research and applied research of Applied Organic Molecule, which mainly refers to the organic molecule with the application value of physical chemistry and biology. The research of organic chemistry at LZU covers the following five parts:
1. Synthetic Organic Chemistry
LZU conducts research on the synthetic method, organic reaction and chemical reagent that is highly alternative, efficient and economical and environmentally friendly respectively in the field of synthetic organic chemistry; it also develops full-synthetic, semi-synthetic and activated research on the complex natural production with biological activity.
2. Biological Organic Chemistry
Applying the theory and practice method of Free Radical Chemistry and Biology, biological organic chemistry study the controling process of free radical to human life, which belongs to the field of chemical biology.
3. Physical Organic Chemistry
It focuses on mechanism research of organic chemistry reaction, especially on the solid phase and catalytic reaction.
4. Natural Organic Chemistry
It regards plant resources in western China as research object so as to find new-structural and new-activated lead compound, which establishes scientific support for the sustainable utilization of natural resources in the local area.
5. Organic Materials
Organic Materials mainly carries the design, compound and function research of new-type organic materials, organic-inorganic compound materials and nanometre materials.
In 2017, the Agrostology of LZU entered the list of China’s “Double First-class” disciplines and was graded A+ in the third and the fourth round discipline assessment.
CPAST focuses on the fundamental and applied research in the area of grassland sciences, and puts emphasis on the application of scientific research achievements. Graduate research is organized into the following areas:
1. Grassland agroecosystems. The main purpose of this research is to investigate the structure and function, evolution and regulation of grassland agroecosystems, and management expert systems.
2. Grassland resource management and remote sensing monitoring. The major goal is to study the succession and classification of grasslands, grazing management, cultivation and improvement of natural grasslands, restoration of degraded grasslands, survey and monitoring of grassland resources, as well as forecast and prediction of natural disasters in pasture areas.
3.Cultivated grassland management. It comprises the optimal combinations of mixed sowing grassland, high yield and quality cultivation techniques for forage production，and crop- forage rotation, etc.
4. Grassland plant protection. This subject is focused on exploring the ecological control of poisonous plants, weeds, major pests and diseases on grasslands, and interactions of microorganisms, forage and livestock.
5. Grassland plant stress physiology and molecular biology. The work is to reveal the physiology and molecular mechanism of grassland plants adapted to the environment with high altitude, low temperature, drought, and high soil salinity in western China, and screen and transform functional genes.
6. Grassland plant breeding and seed sciences. The objective is to breed forages with high stress tolerance and high quality and yield, and new varieties of native forage species for those cold, dry, alpine and saline regions, and to investigate the feature, physiological functions and principles of life activities of grassland plant seeds, seed processing, storage and quality controls.
7. Grassland eco-chemistry. The aim is to discover the motion law of substance and energy in pastoral agriculture system under agricultural management, and to probe the mechanisms and routes for efficiency improvement.
8. Ruminant nutrition and feed sciences. This area includes primarily the grassland-livestock interface ecology, nutritional status of ruminants on the Tibetan Plateau, exploration of grassland feed resources and livestock product safety, molecular nutrition and biotechnology for ruminants.
9. Turfgrass sciences. The target is to design and construct，as well as manage and protect turfgrass for green spaces and sports fields, and to study turf grass, native species, and physiological ecology of turfgrass.
10. Grassland agriculture economics. The purpose is to examine the economic features of grassland agriculture system, forage-livestock trade, societies and polices in the cropping and pastoral transitional areas, farmers and herdsmen’s production and decision-making behaviors, animal ethics, and scientific history of grassland agriculture, etc.
- Dunhuang Document Collection and Study
Dunhuang Manuscripts (non Buddhist sutra) Collection and Study collected by The Bibliotheque Nationale de France and Russia；
Dunhuang Manuscripts (non Buddhist sutra) Collection and Study collected by The United Kingdom (part)；
Dunhuang Astrology Manuscripts Collection and Study；
Tibetan Manuscripts Catalogue and Study collected by Gansu Province, PRC；.
Dunhuang Buddhism Manuscripts Collection and Study；
Dunhuang Taoism Manuscripts Collection and Study；
Bamboo Slips of Han Dynasty Study (Dunhuang Xuanquanzhi)；
Stein Dunhuang Archaeological Archives Study collected by the United Kingdom；
Dunhuang Manuscripts and the History of Grotto Technology Collection and Study；
- Dunhuang Grotto Arts Study
Dunhuang Buddhism Icconology Study；
Dunhuang Early Grotto Case Study；
Dunhuang Grotto Making-offering Person Study；
Fan Painting and Sketch Draft Study(the site of Hei City, Dunhuang)；
Dunhuang Grotto(285 grottoes) Archaeological Study；
- History, Geography, and Society of Dunhuang
Dunhuang Buddhism History Study(Five Dynasties)；
Dunhuang Historic Figure Study；
Dunhuang Social History Study；
Western Regions and Anxi Safeguard City Study(Tang Dynasty)；
Dunhuang History and Geography Study；
- Applied Research
Opening and Application of Dunhuang Studies Database
- Dunhuang Studies Textbook
An Introduction to Dunhuang Manuscripts and Grotto Arts
- Dunhuang Palaeography Study
Dunhuang Manuscripts Language Dictionary: An Outline of Dunhuang Grotto Arts
Minority groups study in west China
- Ethnic groups and culture study in west China
Manuscripts collection and study of ethnic groups in west China;
Ethnic groups and culture study in west China;
Ethnic groups history study;
- Social stability study of ethnic groups in west China
Current social stability analysis of ethnic groups in west China;
Structure analysis for social stability of ethnic groups in west China;
Early warning mechanism for social stability of ethnic groups in west China;
- Social development study of ethnic groups in west China;
Relationship study among ethnic groups;
Ethnic groups community study;
Social problems study;
Ethnic groups mentality study;
- National safety study of transnational ethnic groups and border area
Society, history and culture study of transnational ethnic groups;
The influential study of border area safety to the implementation of “SREB” initiative;