Foreign Affairs Office, Lanzhou University
April 24, 2012
2011 China-Korea Students Summer Cultural Investigation Program was successfully held by Lanzhou University during the summer vocation of 2011，with 15 undergraduates coming from Sookmyung Women's University, a collaboration university of Lanzhou University and 11 from Lanzhou University. As a return for the 2011 summer program, Lanzhou University is to select 10 undergraduates to pay a return visit to Sookmyung Women's University from August, 1 to 22 of this year. The activities and application would be informed as follows:
Ⅰ.The objective of the return visit and the brief introduction
Objective: The participants will be actively involved in course work and cultural programs to enhance friendship between the youths of the two countries and broaden the international horizons.
The brief introduction to the course work and cultural programs:
- Intercultural Management and Leadership（3 credits）
- Korean Language（3 credits）
- International and Supranational Institutions（3 credits）
- Taekwondo & Korean Sports Culture（3 credits）
N.B.: 6 credits at most
--- Lectures on South Korean culture
--South Korean clothing and culture
--South Korean cuisines.
--- Trip to Gyeongju, the former capital city (2 days and 1 night )
---Visit to the international museum and Nanta Performance
For more detail, please see the following website:
1. The undergraduates of Lanzhou University (N.B.: Students graduated after 2012)
2. Those who are interested in Korean culture and willing to learn Korean language.
3. Those who are good at expressing themselves and communicating with others, with a spirit of team work, and those who speak fluent English, with priority given to those having a basic knowledge of Korean language.
Those who are qualified for the return visit are to pay a total of $500, including $400 for accommodation at Sookmyung Women's University and $100 for entry fee. The meal will cost about $200 at the expense of the participants themselves. Other fees including tuition and activities and airport pickup will be covered by Sookmyung Women's University.
Students qualified are expected to send their resumes to email@example.com. A primary selection will be made and the candidates for interview will be released on the website by the foreign affairs office.
Ⅴ.For more information
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send your e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.