IGCP-652 aims to build up a high-resolution and accurate Paleozoic time scale to study tectonic, climatic and biologic evolutions. In order to promote the study of Paleozoic Geologic Time Scale and attract more researchers in Paleozoic research, we are pleased to announce that the 2019 IGCP-652 Conference will be hosted in the Lanzhou University (LZU), China, from August 23, 2019 to August 27, 2019. Lies along the Yellow River, LZU has a long history of excellence in chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics and Earth sciences, and has been ranking as one of the top 30 among over 1,500 universities across China. Lanzhou University will celebrate her 110 anniversary in September 17, 2019 and the IGCP-652 conference will be a highlight. Meanwhile, we will carry on extensive academic exchanges around the Paleozoic Geologic Time Scale.
Night-sight of Lanzhou city and Yellow River
IGCP-652 Project Scientific Committee
School of Earth Sciences, Lanzhou University
School of Earth Sciences and Resources, Chang'an University
School of Ocean Sciences, China University of Geosciences
Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration
Institute of Earth Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Conference Agenda and Participation Fee
• August 23, 2019-August 25, 2019
Investigate Cambrian Ordovician Mesa, deep-water slope sedimentary stratum, cyclic stratum and bentonite in the southwestern of Ordos Basin, China before the conference.
– Participation Fee: 1600 yuan (240 dollars), including traffic fee, two nights accommodation fee and meal fee
– Participation Fee (Entourage): 1,400 yuan (220 dollars)
• August 26, 2019- August 27, 2019
Join indoor meetings including presentations, group discussionsband planning for future studies.
– Participation Fee: 900 yuan (150 dollars)
– Participation Fee (Student): 600 yuan (120 dollars), including tea break,lunch and dinner
– Participation Fee (Entourage): 600 yuan (90 dollars)
• August 23, 2019 - August 27, 2019
Full Participation Fee: 2,300 yuan (350 dollars)
Full Participation Fee (Student): 2,000 yuan (300 dollars)
Full Participation Fee (Entourage): 1,800 yuan (260 dollars)
Carbonate rocks and bentonite (Mid-Ordovician MJG Fm.)
Fine clastic rocks (Late Ordovician PL Fm.)
• November 1, 2018: Issue No.1 notification
• May 15, 2019: Deadline for the application for conference and outdoor investigation registration, abstract submission and young scholar travel allowance
• July 1, 2019: Issue No.2 notification & Pay the participation fees
• July 23, 2019: Release conference aganda
Access to Lanzhou
• Participants need to make their own travel arrangements.
• Lanzhou Zhongchuan Airport (LHW) connects Lanzhou city with major hubs in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Xi’an, Chengdu, etc.) and takes 1 to 2.5 hours. The high-speed railway also connect these cities with Lanzhou and takes 3.5 to 9 hours.
• Round-trip LHW
1.Airport Bus: 30 yuan (One-way journey is about 60 minutes and the bus departs the LHW every 10 minutes from 7.am to 2.am next day.
2.Taxi: about 16o yuan (One-way journey is about 40 to 50 minutes)
3.Intercity high-speed railway: about 20 yuan (One-way journey is about 40 minutes)
• In Lanzhou, we suggest the following hotels comfortable for participants.
Lanzhou hotel (Four-star): ten minutes walk to LZU
Lanzhou Legend hotel (Four-star): ten minutes walk to LZU
Lanzhou Zugong hetol (Four-star): ten minutes walk to LZU
Lanzhou Dongfang hotel (Three-star): two minutes walk to LZU
Cuiying Hetol (Three-star): two minutes walk to LZU
• Accommodation during the outdoor investigation will be arranged by the organization team.
• Please check whether you need a Visa to travel to China.
• If you need an invitation letter to handle Visa, let the organizing team know as soon as possible.
--Prof. Shuang Dai (Lanzhou University)
Tel and Fax: 86-931-8912307
--Dr. Anne-Christine da Silva (University of Liege, the Kingdom of Belgium)
--Ms Chunlin Xue (Lanzhou University)